I will try to update this blog, but most of the time will be posting to my own blog, so please visit http://www.nettel.co.uk/blog and catch me there.
Cisco Visio Stencil can be downloaded from link below;
God bless Router Freak, it allow you to download Visio Stencil for different vendors once you have registered free account with them,
Check here http://www.routerfreak.com/visio-files/
Hey Guys !
Thought might just post this for someone wondering around how to Factory Rest Cisco IP Phone as not many people know this. Main reason you might consider factory reset is sometime it might wont register with Call Manager or unable to grab IP Phone address from DHCP or Config File from TFTP for no reason or just to delete LSC (Local Significant Certificate or Manufacturer Certificate) when you implement Security within your Call Manager environment.
1 – Unplug your IP Phone either from Wall Power Socket or PoE
2 – Hold # for like 3 or 4 sec
3 – The phone will now blink for few secs and ask for CODE.
4 – Now Enter 123456789*0#
That’s it, you are good to go.
Complete these steps to create a customized background image for a Cisco 7970 IP Phone on Cisco
- Use an image manipulation program of your choice to create two Portable Network Graphics (PNG) files for each image:
- Full size image: 320 pixels (width) x 212 pixels (height)
- Thumbnail image:80 pixels (width) x 53 pixels (height)
The size ratio of these two images is 4 to 1.
- Use a text editor to edit the List.xml file.
The List.xml file can include up to 50 background images. The images are in the order that they appear in the Background Images menu on the phone. For each image, the List.xml file contains one element type, called ImageItem. The ImageItem element includes these two attributes:
- Image_The uniform resource identifier (URI) that specifies where the phone obtains the thumbnail image that appears on the Background Images menu on a phone.
- URL_The URI that specifies where the phone obtains the full size image.
This example shows a List.xml file that defines one image. The required image and URL attributes
must be included for each image. In this example, TN−logo.png is twenty−five percent of the original full size image of logo.png.
- Create the folder “Desktops” and subfolder “320x212x12”:
- Place the new .png files and List.xml that you created in the tftp folder on the TFTP server.
Use this command to move the List.xml and .png files to the Cisco CallManager Express Flash
copy tftp flash:Desktops/320x212x12/
The following outputs demonstrates the transfer of List.xml from the TFTP server to the Cisco CallManager Express Flash:
CME#copy tftp flash:Desktops/320x212x12/
Address or name of remote host [192.168.100.101]?Source filename [List.xml]? List.xml
Destination filename [Desktops/320x212x12/List.xml]? List.xml
Loading List.xml from 192.168.100.101 (via FastEthernet0/0): !
[OK - 250 bytes]
250 bytes copied in 0.59 secs (425 bytes/sec)
NOTE: For Cisco CallManager: The List.xml file is stored in the following folder on the TFTP server:
TIP: If you are manually creating the directory structure and the List.xml file, you must ensure that the directories and files can be accessed by the user .\CCMService, which is used by the TFTP Service.
After the loading process completes, the Desktops/320x212x12 directory on the Cisco CallManager.
Express Flash contains List.xml and all .png files:
Directory of flash:Desktops/320x212x12/
35 -rw- 250 Feb 20 2007 14:52:25 –05:00 List.xml
36 -rw- 1650 Feb 20 2007 14:52:43 -05:00 TN-logo.png
37 -rw- 12324 Feb 20 2007 14:53:37 -05:00 logo.png
33292284 bytes total (5687824 bytes free)
- Add the appropriate tftp−server commands on the Cisco CallManager Express configuration to load List.xml and all .png files.
- Complete these steps to load a new background image on the Cisco 7970 IP Phone:
a. Press Settings.
b. Select User Preferences (choice 1).
c. Select Background Images (choice 2).
d. Download and display the reduced images as thumbnails.
e. Select the image and press Save.
TIP: If you get the message: “ Selections unavailable” add these commands on the router:
after each of this you will get an error message like this:
Warning: flash:Desktops/320x212x12/List.xml does not exist. Command retained.
It seems that there is a bug on the CCME, but with these commands it is working!!!